Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com> on 1998/06/01 19:51:00 UTC

RE: config/2326: AccessConfig and ResourceConfig redirect to nul fails

On Monday, June 01, 1998 1:36 PM, Marc Slemko [SMTP:marcs@worldgate.com]
wrote:
> I would, however, sleep quite easily if we only allowed "nul" without
any
> path to be used.

i could live with that, but ...

building anything on the curiosity that all the device driver names
happen
to be available in any directory with any extension strikes me as just
encouraging those that would build such a systems.  As there is a rumor
that
this can be disabled on NT via some machine wide toggle it is probably
best
to treat any of these files as too weird and too inconsistent for use.

    - ben hyde