Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Boris Folgmann <mi...@folgmann.com> on 2003/03/03 21:59:13 UTC

How fast is ?

Hi Struts-Users!

I need to internationalize a high-volume web application.
How fast or slow is it to replace the text messages in all JSPs with
<bean:message>? I assume that if every page has appx. 10 <bean:message>
tags this could slow down the entire webapp. How fast are those resource
file lookups? The keys normally used are strings, so I think at least a
hashing and map lookup has to be done by the JDK.

Are there alternatives? As there are not so much strings in Servlets and
JavaBeans what about using some kind of preprocessor for the JSPs and
simplay generate multiple versions of the same JSP?

cu,
	boris

--
Dipl.-Inf. Boris Folgmann   mailto:boris@folgmann.de