Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Melissa Logan <lo...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/24 18:44:52 UTC

Community marketing for C*

Hi all,

I’m with an open source-focused marketing firm
(https://constantia.io/) that works with DataStax -- we’ve been tasked
by them to drive awareness of the Apache Cassandra project and
community efforts. A neutral marketing “contributor” to C*, if you
will.

Our team has a long history with open source community marketing.
Community-led software is the way to go.

As 4.0 release approaches, our goal is to get people interested in C*
and testing the beta. To be 100% crystal clear: this is about
increasing awareness of the Apache Cassandra project, not vendors or
other corporate entities associated with the ecosystem. And just like
development, it works best when many participate.

To start, we will be contributing C* blogs to opensource.com and
others — and doing media outreach (like the recent ZDNet article).
Anyone interested in lending a hand as a writer and/or spokesperson?

Appreciate your consideration.

Melissa Logan

Re: Community marketing for C*

Posted by Melissa Logan <lo...@gmail.com>.
Lorina, lovely - thanks so much. Editing/proofing would be appreciated, and
perhaps we can add a call to action to improve docs.

And thank you, Josh! Appreciate the help. :-)

If folks have other ideas for awareness, reach out anytime.

Posted by Joshua McKenzie <jm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lorina Poland <lo...@datastax.com>.
Hi Melissa -

Posted by Melissa Logan <lo...@gmail.com>.
Scott, thanks for the welcome, and for your participation! We've got two so
far. :-)

Great to be here. I've been immersing myself in the community's work,
governance etc, but very much still learning so please (anyone) feel free
to guide or redirect.

For content, this sheet has a list of topics as a strawdog:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bMRNB0KJRN9WsMcfoX8BFwuFDX56QRBKpbQ0N8Zvy5k/edit#gid=0

If there are topics you'd love to write about, put your name in the Author
column. It's not intended to be prescriptive, so do add comments on what
should be added/removed. Once confirmed, we can add a Jira ticket to track.

As a good working process is ironed out, we can add to GitHub so it doesn't
get lost in the mailing list (e.g.
https://github.com/cncf/foundation/blob/master/blog-guidelines.md).

Note: I realize this comes at a time when a release is imminent and
therefore folks may be busy. Know that the offer is ongoing, so reach out
anytime.

Melissa

Melissa

Constantia Marketing - https://constantia.io/