Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos-Roberto Queiroz <cq...@bompreco.com.br> on 2003/06/18 23:54:25 UTC

Bugs with Session Replication

      Hello, could anyone help me ? I ´ve tried three implementations for
session replication with Tomcat (4.1.18 on Red Hat 7.2) but I´ve got
problems with all of them. I first used the solution discussed in Filip
Hanik´s article on ServerSide, "In Memory Session Replication in Tomcat 4",
but every time I entered our application there was a StackOverflowError
with literally "thousands" of calls for method expire(). Then I tried the
article "Tomcat 4 Clustering - How to" from the same author
(http://cvs.apache.org/~fhanik/index.html), but I noticed a huge amount of
hexadecimal characters being inserted in catalina.out, and that will
trouble administration, since even a tail command halts trying to read the
file. At last, I tried the PersistentManager that comes with comments
inside server.xml, but it seemed not to work at all. I could really use
some advice on that.

Thanks

RE: Bugs with Session Replication

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
(http://cvs.apache.org/~fhanik/index.html)

works fine,

turn off your debugging -->debug="10" set to debug="0" and nothing will be
printed
the article on theserverside only works for Tomcat 4.0.x not 4.1.x.
filip