Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Brown, Berlin [GCG-PFS]" <Be...@Primerica.com> on 2011/04/20 16:33:48 UTC

Deserialization of pages with Wicket, back button

When does wicket use the deserialization of pages from the filesystem
disk store/cache?

With the default, out of the box Wicket code, when does Wicket
deserialize a page?

Pseudo-code:
getHomePage() {
  return Page.class
}

Let's say I am using ajax or ajax tabbed panels and I am not really
instantiate new pages to re-render screens (E.g. with AjaxTabPanel, only
that panel gets rerendered), do panels get deserialized outside page
deserialization? Or is it only a full page?

As far as I can tell, it looks like it only happens when you use the web
browser 'back' button?  But shouldn't it happen when I refresh a page?

RE: Deserialization of pages with Wicket, back button

Posted by "Brown, Berlin [GCG-PFS]" <Be...@Primerica.com>.
"Clicking back button will lead you to the previous page, not to the
previous state of the page.
Refreshing the page reloads the current version of the page which is in
the http session and thus doesn't hit the file system."

I think you answered the question, just wanted to confirm.

When does the deserialization from the filesystem happen?

Wicket do *not* serialize new version of the page for Ajax requests.

Clicking back button will lead you to the previous page, not to the
previous state of the page.
Refreshing the page reloads the current version of the page which is in
the http session and thus doesn't hit the file system.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend

Re: Deserialization of pages with Wicket, back button

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.