Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by RogerDimitri <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/12 21:20:05 UTC

Re: How to use hadoop wiht tomcat!!

Hi Alejandro,
   Even I am trying to port Hadoop to Tomcat. I have a few questions based
on your reply.
1. How did you clear Jetty dependancy when you ported Hadoop to tomcat?
2. Did you write your custom servlets for all the Task tracking related
stuff?!!

Thanks,
Roger

Posted by Erich Nachbar <er...@gmail.com>.
I had a similar problem with another 3rd party app running inside
Tomcat and ended up using Jetty in embedded mode instead.

Super simple to setup (just set it up from your Java main) and deploy
(Jetty is one JAR):
http://jetty.mortbay.org/xref/org/mortbay/jetty/example/MinimalServlets.html

Posted by Josh Ma <be...@gmail.com>.

sandybandy wrote:

> Hi , I have put hadoop-core.jar and all dependent JARS in webapp lib and
> also all XMLBEAN jars in webapp lib since my mapreducer program is using
> these XMLBEAN jar files to process xml document. But when I submit a job
> via servlet it is saying "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/xmlbeans/XmlException" . But I have placed all the JARS that
> are related to above exception to web app lib. Can anybody give me ideas
> on this once?
>
> --Yoda

You need to attach you XMLBEAN jars by
DistributedCache.addArchiveToClassPath(Path, Configuration).:-), I think you
need to read
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.16.1/mapred_tutorial.html this page
.Good luck.

-- Shihua Ma