Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Alex. " <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/07 16:17:43 UTC

Migrating from Maestro to Apache Maven - Archiva

Hi ,

We would to migrate from Maetro 1.1 to Apache Maven 3.0 -Archiva.
Any one have a good installation - configuration - integration guide?

Best regards,

Alex.

Re: Migrating from Maestro to Apache Maven - Archiva

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

For Maven, you're essentially using Maven 2.0.4. The transition to Maven 3 should not be too painful from there. You should double-check your dependency resolution is still what you expect (that underwent some changes in Maven 2.0.6, but was largely unchanged after that). You should also look at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes.

For Archiva, you can get more help on the users@archiva.apache.org list as that's now a separate project. You're using an incredibly old version there, so the configuration file will not be upgraded. You should start up the latest release of Archiva from http://archiva.apache.org/, create the repositories that you want, and then copy the repository data from your old installation into the locations you specified. It will automatically re-scan and index them for you.

Hope that helps,
Brett

--
Brett Porter