Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by as...@lexmark.com on 2003/04/10 22:02:52 UTC

Can't get SSL working on other than localhost

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24 and JDK 1.4.1_02 on Windows 2kPro.  Install went
perfectly, I'm using port 80 for regular old HTTP.  I configured SSL per
the
HOWTO and it is currently set for 8443

Here's what I did
1) generated a key  keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore
"c:\Program Files\Tomcat 4.1\.keystore"

2)  uncommented the correct section in server.xml

3)  restarted Tomcat service

4)  This still wouldn't let me connect on 8443 from the localhost in IE.  So I had to add
keystoreFile="c:\Program Files\Tomcat 4.1\.keystore"
under the "Factory" part in the Connector.

Now I can connect localhost (https://localhost:8443) to the web server via
SSL.  However, when I try from any other machine on the network -
https://10.0.0.5:8443 I get a generic "The page cannot be displayed" error.
Is there something else I need to do?

Re: Can't get SSL working on other than localhost

Posted by RK Paleru <rp...@uncc.edu>.
I just posted a message this morning on the same problem...... My apache was
running of the local host and not from the internet.......

I checked that the "https" port in the firewall was closed.....

Since you are trying from another computer in the network......please check
iof firwall is installed anywhere in the path and if so open the 8443 port.