Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/14 22:31:47 UTC

Commit messages going to mailet API list

mailet API has been a low volume list. the commit messages for crypto
mailets are going to the API list. at least one person has elected to
unsubscribe rather than face more volume. seems like it might be a
good idea to try to keep this list low volume. so i've stopped
committing for now.

i think it would be best to keep the mailet API list just for
discussing the API. so we could either alter the commit message hook
or move the mailet implementations to a different URL.

opinions?

- robert

Re: Commit messages going to mailet API list

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>  > Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > > mailet API has been a low volume list. the commit messages for crypto
>  > > mailets are going to the API list. at least one person has elected to
>  > > unsubscribe rather than face more volume. seems like it might be a
>  > > good idea to try to keep this list low volume. so i've stopped
>  > > committing for now.
>  > >
>  > > i think it would be best to keep the mailet API list just for
>  > > discussing the API. so we could either alter the commit message hook
>  > > or move the mailet implementations to a different URL.
>  > >
>  > > opinions?
>  > >
>  > > - robert
>  > >
>  >
>  >  Maybe we should keep mailet-api changes in the mailet list and move the
>  > mailet-crypto and mailet-standard changes to server-dev ?
>
>  i'm happy with this solution. any objections?

there have been complaints on the mailet-api list. i think we need to
do it. i've never updated the mailer stuff before.

anyone (noel? norman?) want to james/mailet -> james/mailet/api in
asf-mailer.conf?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> mailet API has been a low volume list. the commit messages for crypto
> mailets are going to the API list. at least one person has elected to
> unsubscribe rather than face more volume. seems like it might be a
> good idea to try to keep this list low volume. so i've stopped
> committing for now.
>
> i think it would be best to keep the mailet API list just for
> discussing the API. so we could either alter the commit message hook
> or move the mailet implementations to a different URL.
>
> opinions?
>
> - robert

Maybe we should keep mailet-api changes in the mailet list and move the
mailet-crypto and mailet-standard changes to server-dev ?

Another approach could be to create a "commits" list for the full james
repository.

Stefano