Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hemanth Kumar Kanamarlapudi <he...@mindtree.com> on 2009/10/24 11:41:01 UTC

Need Info on how to authorize and capture the payment for the order placed by the user instantly using Auth.net payment gateway

Hi Users,

At present in Ofbiz after configuring authorize.net payment gateway for credit card payment processing,

If a customer purchases some thing from e-commerce using credit card, the credit card payment is just authorized but not captured.
Admin has to login into order manager application and then he has to capture the payment for that particular order.

I want to know is there any way to capture the money directly from users credit card while he is placing the order itself rather than admin logs into order manager application and captures the money from that credit card manually.

My Product Store settings for Payment (Credit card) in catalog application are as follows:
         Select Payment Method Type as Credit Card
         Select Service Type as  (1.Payment Authorization Service/2.Payment Capture Service)
         Select Custom method as 1.AIMCCAuth/2.AIMCCCapture

It looks like we need to use AIMCCAuthCapture method, but I am not able to identify how to configure exactly.
I configured Service Type: Payment Authorization Service with Custom method: AIMCCAuthCapture but it is working for admin login only.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Hemanth

________________________________

Re: Need Info on how to authorize and capture the payment for the order placed by the user instantly using Auth.net payment gateway

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
It's a setting on the product store - but remember, in many cases it's
not legal to take the money until you are actually shipping / packing
the product - so the auto capture is often something businesses decide
not to do.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes, this is mostly used by the POS and for face to face selling at large.
The POS use also "Manual Auth Is Capture"=Y

Jacques

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.