Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> on 2007/09/13 10:33:59 UTC

axis[1.3] Change in Rest Support

Hi all,

I am using axis 1.3 and i am trying to execute a simple web service using
REST.
I was surpriced when i got:

[ERROR] Allocate exception for servlet AxisRESTServlet
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisRESTServlet
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(
WebappClassLoader.java:1359)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(
WebappClassLoader.java:1205)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(
StandardWrapper.java:1068)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(
StandardWrapper.java:791)

Is there some change in the REST support in axis 1.3?
I checked out the web.xml, expecting to find a servlet and a mapping for
the REST Servlet:

<servlet>

<servlet-name>AxisRESTServlet</servlet-name>

<display-name>Apache-Axis Servlet (REST)</display-name>

<servlet-class>

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisRESTServlet

</servlet-class>

</servlet>

There is no such declaration in the web.xml of axis 1.3.

There is no org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisRESTServlet class in
the 1.3release.

How do you handle REST requests?

Thanks,

Nencho

Re: axis[1.3] Change in Rest Support

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Now REST is not handled by a separate servlet. I guess this was since the
Axis2-1.2 release. This was done to simplyfy things. Now there is jest one
paremeter to control REST (enable or disable REST)

<parameter name="disableREST" locked="true">false</parameter>

by default its set to false. Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Keith.

On 9/13/07, Nencho Lupanov <ne...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion,
>
> I mean axis2 release 1.3 , the last distro.
> Do you have any information for axis 2 1.3?
>
> Thanks,
> Nencho
>

> 2007/9/13, Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Do you mean Axis2 1.3? Axis 1.3 doesn't support REST.
> >
> > In the future, please send these requests to the axis-user group
> > rather than the axis-dev list.
> >
> > Anne
> >
> > On 9/13/07, Nencho Lupanov <nencholupanov@googlemail.com > wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am using axis 1.3 and i am trying to execute a simple web service
> > using
> > > REST.
> > > I was surpriced when i got:
> > >
> > > [ERROR] Allocate exception for servlet AxisRESTServlet
> > > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> > > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisRESTServlet
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(
> > WebappClassLoader.java
> > > :1359)
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass (
> > WebappClassLoader.java:1205)
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(
> > StandardWrapper.java:1068)
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate
> > > ( StandardWrapper.java:791)
> > >
> > > Is there some change in the REST support in axis 1.3?
> > > I checked out the web.xml , expecting to find a servlet and a mapping
> > for
> > > the REST Servlet:
> > >

> > > <servlet>
> > >
> > > <servlet-name>AxisRESTServlet</servlet-name >
> > >
> > > <display-name>Apache-Axis Servlet (REST)</display-name >
> > >
> > > <servlet-class>
> > >
> > > org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisRESTServlet
> > >
> > > </servlet-class>
> > >
> > > </servlet>
> > >

> > > There is no such declaration in the web.xml of axis 1.3.
> > >
> > > There is no org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisRESTServlet
> > > class in the 1.3 release.
> > >
> > > How do you handle REST requests?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Nencho