Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@dot.state.fl.us on 2006/05/30 14:48:58 UTC

I cannot not compile

I don't see any errors in the console but I can not locate any *.class
files.  I am creating an application with a login form, action and jsp.  I
ask Eclipse to build the project but I cannot locate these files.  Is there
somewhere I need to be looking for error messages?

I also am unsure how to refer to my application.  I created a project
called Split
and my packages are all named starting with com.patron.login.  When I bring
up the application in the web browser, how should I refer to it?  I tried
http://localhost:8080/login and pressed enter I received the 404 message
but then I went to look for the class files and there were none.

It looks like tomcat launches because I do not seen anything not launched.

I am using Eclipse 3.1 on XP with an oracle db running on an alpha machine.

Carrie Latimer
Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
Tolls Data Center
Main 561.488.5361
SC 247.5361
Fax 561.470.6615
Mobile: 561.239.6189
Nextel: 158*763*109
carrie.latimer@dot.state.fl.us

Re: I cannot not compile

Posted by Guido Schoepp <gu...@guxx.net>.
carrie.latimer@dot.state.fl.us wrote:
> I don't see any errors in the console but I can not locate any *.class
> files.  I am creating an application with a login form, action and jsp.  I
> ask Eclipse to build the project but I cannot locate these files.  Is there
> somewhere I need to be looking for error messages?
>
> I also am unsure how to refer to my application.  I created a project
> called Split
> and my packages are all named starting with com.patron.login.  When I bring
> up the application in the web browser, how should I refer to it?  I tried
> http://localhost:8080/login and pressed enter I received the 404 message
> but then I went to look for the class files and there were none.

I agree with Marc - it's really sort of an Eclipse question.

A basic directory structure of a web application goes like this:
.../tomcat/webapps/appname/*.jsp
.../tomcat/webapps/appname/WEB-INF/web.xml
.../tomcat/webapps/appname/WEB-INF/classes/
.../tomcat/webapps/appname/WEB-INF/classes/com/patron/login/...

This web app can be accessed by
   http://localhost:8080/appname

   Guido

Re: I cannot not compile

Posted by Marc Farrow <ma...@gmail.com>.
This seems like a question for an Eclipse mailing list.  Tomcat is not a
compiler.

On 5/30/06, carrie.latimer@dot.state.fl.us <ca...@dot.state.fl.us>
wrote:

> I don't see any errors in the console but I can not locate any *.class
> files.  I am creating an application with a login form, action and jsp.  I
> ask Eclipse to build the project but I cannot locate these files.  Is
> there
> somewhere I need to be looking for error messages?
>
> I also am unsure how to refer to my application.  I created a project
> called Split
> and my packages are all named starting with com.patron.login.  When I
> bring
> up the application in the web browser, how should I refer to it?  I tried
> http://localhost:8080/login and pressed enter I received the 404 message
> but then I went to look for the class files and there were none.
>
> It looks like tomcat launches because I do not seen anything not launched.
>
> I am using Eclipse 3.1 on XP with an oracle db running on an alpha
> machine.
>

> Carrie Latimer
> Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
> Tolls Data Center