Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rameshgalla <ra...@cognizant.com> on 2008/11/24 15:26:44 UTC

solr internationalization support

hi,

1)Which languages solr supports out-of-the box other than english?

2)What are the analyzers(stemmer,synonym,tokenizer etc) it provides for each
language?

3)Shall we create our own analyzers for any languages?(If possible explain
how?)

thanx in advance

Re: solr internationalization support

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 7:56 PM, rameshgalla <ra...@cognizant.com>wrote:

> 1)Which languages solr supports out-of-the box other than english?

Solr does not know about any languages. It will apply whatever analyzers you
specify in the schema.xml for that field type.

> 2)What are the analyzers(stemmer,synonym,tokenizer etc) it provides for
> each
> language?

Quite a few. The complete list is at
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/analysis/package-summary.html

> 3)Shall we create our own analyzers for any languages?(If possible explain
> how?)

If the existing analyzers do not work well, then yes, you would need to
create your own. I can't say how easy or difficult it will be because I've
never written one of my own yet.

Some javadocs that may be of help:

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/analysis/TokenFilter.html
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/analysis/Tokenizer.html