Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2003/01/04 07:44:27 UTC

[maven] maven -> gump project conversion

news <ne...@main.gmane.org> wrote on 04/01/2003 09:18:02 AM:

> My experience with the autogenerated gump descriptors is that they
> require some by hand cleanup.  Try generating a gump descriptor for
> jakarta-turbine-fulcrum, and compare it to
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-
> gump/project/jakarta-turbine-fulcrum.xml?rev=1.33&sortby=date

Sam,

I've done what looks like a first attempt at mapping the maven project ids
to gump projects.

Could you please check it out, especially the one's I've marked "not built
by gump" and let me know of any others?

You can find it here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-turbine-maven/src/plugins-build/gump/maven2gump.properties?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

With this, the fulcrum descriptor turns out right.

Also, is there a naming convention in the gump project names? For Jakarta
and xml repositories it appears that the repo is prefixed, but for
sourceforge, werken this doesn't appear to be happening.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: [maven] maven -> gump project conversion

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
>>Most of the excalibur "blades" *are* built by gump.
>
> Do you have details? I couldn't find the ones there.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-avalon-excalibur/project-info.xml

and also

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-gump/project/avalon-sandbox.xml

cheers!

- Leo

Re: [maven] maven -> gump project conversion

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote on 05/01/2003 12:24:50 AM:

> dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> >
> > I've done what looks like a first attempt at mapping the maven project
ids
> > to gump projects.
> >
> > Could you please check it out, especially the one's I've marked "not
built
> > by gump" and let me know of any others?
> >
> > You can find it here:
> >
> > http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-turbine-
> maven/src/plugins-build/gump/maven2gump.properties?rev=1.3&content-
> type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
> >
> > With this, the fulcrum descriptor turns out right.
>
> BSF looks problematic.  Most still use "bsf" for now.  Some use
> "jakarta-bsf".  Both are different codebases (renamed packages, for
> starters).
Changed.

> servletapi has a related issue due to versioning.  To a smaller extent,
> cactus shares this.
Maven allows various jars on a per 'project' basis. Gump does too. The
difference is that Gump classifies by cvs repository, rather than content,
if I'm reading it right.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> I've done what looks like a first attempt at mapping the maven project ids
> to gump projects.
>
> Could you please check it out, especially the one's I've marked "not built
> by gump" and let me know of any others?
>
> You can find it here:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-turbine-maven/src/plugins-build/gump/maven2gump.properties?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>
> With this, the fulcrum descriptor turns out right.

BSF looks problematic.  Most still use "bsf" for now.  Some use
"jakarta-bsf".  Both are different codebases (renamed packages, for
starters).

servletapi has a related issue due to versioning.  To a smaller extent,
cactus shares this.

Most of the excalibur "blades" *are* built by gump.

> Also, is there a naming convention in the gump project names? For Jakarta
> and xml repositories it appears that the repo is prefixed, but for
> sourceforge, werken this doesn't appear to be happening.

Gump typically uses the name one uses to check out the source, for
example, "jakarta-ant" and "werken".  For subprojects, the parent is
typically shortened to the last token.

- Sam Ruby

Re: [maven] maven -> gump project conversion

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.