Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/01/25 18:28:41 UTC

Software grant for OraOop was [VOTE] Include High Performance Oracle Connector in Sqoop

> I am unsure why a vote is required for a code contribution - really
> just having it attached to a jira, and a committer pushing it should be
> enough. Either way, a big +1!

That is an excellent point Hari, thank you for raising it! Considering that OraOop has been released several times by Quest and later by Dell, I do not believe that David owns the rights. And as a result I don't think that he can simply submit the connector as a patch on JIRA and grant us required rights. It seems that much better way is for Dell to submit a Software Grant [1] first, ensuring that we have the legal part covered.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

Re: Software grant for OraOop Oracle Connector in Sqoop

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi David,
it seems that there were no objections with using the software grant to contribute the OraOop. Would you mind following up with your employer to fill and submit the agreement? The procedure is documented at [1].

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants