Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> on 2007/04/09 07:22:12 UTC

Re: [RFC] two ajax-related packages

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2007, at 4:04 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:
>
>> Maybe I'm missing something, but why not autodetect Apache2::Request +
>> mod_perl2 presence and fallback to CGI if it doesn't work?
>>
>> Something like:
>
> I'm going to talk in context of CGI::Apache2::Ajax, as I
> haven't had time to look at the rest.
>
> 	Personally, I would like to see something in terms of ENV variables
> that one can set to force it to use libapreq or cgi pm
> 	Thats just because every now and then I  switch from one to the other
> to debug

I've uploaded version 0.2 of this package (now called
CGI-Apache2-Wrapper) to CPAN; this contains recognition
of an environment variable USE_CGI_PM which, if set, will
cause a CGI.pm object to be used. This version also
has several additional CGI.pm-compatible methods added,
such as url (with options), cookie(), and upload().
This also drops support for using the mp2/libapreq2
methods in a cgi environment.

Thanks for the comments - let me know if there's
something useful missing, or if something's not
working as it should.

--
best regards,
Randy