Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2015/12/22 00:21:44 UTC

Minimum maven version to compile artemis?

All,

I'd like to ask a broad question.  What should the minimum maven version be
to compile artemis?

In order to fix https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-326 I cleaned
up a bunch of defined variables.  These variables were being duplicated in
every pom for checkstyle configuration it would seem.  Maven, as of 3.0.x
would recompute variable values each time requested, instead of caching the
value.

This behavior appears to be changed in 3.1+, where the value is computed
once at the root, and not over and over again.

So I'd like to ask, is it possible to make 3.1 the minimum maven version to
compile artemis?

Maven 3.0 is over 5 years old.  Maven 3.1 is 2.5 years old.

WDYT?

John

Re: Minimum maven version to compile artemis?

Posted by Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com>.
Im fine with that, if no one has any objections I will go ahead and make
the change.

Andy

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

> WDYT?

IMO Lets do it. I thought about doing it myself some time ago but I
didn't want to do it without a real need.

That's a no brainer to me, I don't think we need a vote for that.

--
Clebert Suconic