Posted to kato-dev@incubator.apache.org by Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/31 08:21:01 UTC

Building kato - external dependencies

Hi all - in building kato and running tests etc  a developer will need to
have access to junit,  ant and emma.   It would be really convenient to book
the junit and emma jars into svn  but before I do such a thing I'd like some
advice.

Other Apache projects seem to do this and keep the jars in a obviously
seperate path (ie having "external" in the name)    Is there any documented
guidence for doing this one way or another?

Steve

Re: Building kato - external dependencies

Posted by Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com>.
I bumped into a Harmony committer and found out that they don't book their
dependencies into svn.
Their approach is to have a local cache which they can create/update by
fetching the dependencies from well
known locations.

I like that so I'm going to use it as an initial approach to get kato
building.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.