Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by mrt <tu...@users.sf.net> on 2014/01/07 00:06:29 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7028 severely stunted landing page html after vagrant install

---

** [tickets:#7028] severely stunted landing page html after vagrant install**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 PM UTC by mrt
**Last Updated:** Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Followed the instructions on "Install and Run Allura - Vagrant" page. All steps appeared to work, and I was able to connect to localhost:8080, but what was there was extremely incomplete. See attached "All Neighborhoods.html" ... that's all there was.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] #7028 severely stunted landing page html after vagrant install

Posted by Tim Van Steenburgh <va...@users.sf.net>.
- **QA**: Tim Van Steenburgh

---

** [tickets:#7028] severely stunted landing page html after vagrant install**

**Status:** code-review
**Created:** Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 PM UTC by mrt
**Last Updated:** Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Posted by Tim Van Steenburgh <va...@users.sf.net>.
- **status**: code-review --> closed

---

** [tickets:#7028] severely stunted landing page html after vagrant install**

**Status:** closed
**Created:** Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 PM UTC by mrt
**Last Updated:** Wed Jan 08, 2014 05:04 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Posted by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net>.
- **status**: open --> code-review
- **assigned_to**: Dave Brondsema
- **Size**:  --> 1
- **Milestone**: limbo --> forge-jan-10

---

** [tickets:#7028] severely stunted landing page html after vagrant install**

**Status:** code-review
**Created:** Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 PM UTC by mrt
**Last Updated:** Tue Jan 07, 2014 02:52 AM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Posted by mrt <tu...@users.sf.net>.
Thanks, Dave, that was it. I finally got the page after clearing the cache in Chromium, but neither clearing the cache nor private browsing worked in IceWeasel/Firefox.

This should probably be documented in the "Install and Run Allura - Vagrant" page, at the end of the "Connect to the VM and start Allura" section. Perhaps "If you see a page that looks like it's lacking CSS formatting, try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page, or using a different browser (more information on this problem here)." ... with the last word linked to the bug you cite. Not knowing this cost me about a day.

I wonder if the race condition gets triggered by the low latency when hosting Allura in a VM on a local machine. Perhaps artificially inducing some latency somewhere might be a (grotesque but useful) workaround.

---

** [tickets:#7028] severely stunted landing page html after vagrant install**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 PM UTC by mrt
**Last Updated:** Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:31 PM UTC