Posted to users@ws.apache.org by David Oppenheimer <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/25 03:07:08 UTC

XmlRpcClient execute for vector of string parameters produces incorrect XML on the wire?

Hi. When I do the following

XmlRpcClient xmlrpc = new XmlRpcClient("...");
Vector params = new Vector();
params.add(new String("hello"));
xmlrpc.execute("function_name", params);

I notice that what goes out over the wire is

instead of

Note that if I replace "new String("hello"))" with "new Integer(5)" in
the above, then I get the correct text on the wire, namely

Does anyone know why the <string> tag is being dropped? This might
work if you're using the Apache XMLRPC server, but I'm using a
different server and it is rejecting this formatting since it is
expecting a string argument.

Thanks very much for any suggestions,
David

Re: XmlRpcClient execute for vector of string parameters produces incorrect XML on the wire?

Posted by David Oppenheimer <da...@gmail.com>.
That would explain it. :-)

Thanks, guys!

David

Posted by Adam Taft <ad...@hydroblaster.com>.

Posted by John Southerland <jo...@southerland-consulting.com>.
Sorry about that, I was drinking and may have dialed the wrong number.
I am dirinking now and may be typing the wrong words as well.
I will try to call you tomorrow :)

John Buren Southerland
Southerland Consulting
801.467.8090(office)