Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Mukul Kumar Singh <mk...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/01 17:15:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Ratis 0.4.0 release

Hi,

It has been a while since our last Ratis release.
We have around 50 commits after our latest 0.3.0 release.

How about we start the process for a new Ratis release (0.4.0).
We can create a new 0.4.0 branch and change trunk to 0.5.0.

Thanks,
Mukul

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Ratis 0.4.0 release

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Ankit,

Would love to take that in; however, we also would love to do an Ozone
release too. For the Ozone release, we cannot depend on the snap-shot
releases of Ratis; that is the primary motivator for this Ratis release. We
have been fixing issues in the Ratis path and testing with Ozone; and at
this point of time we have all known issues fixed.

I see that these patches have been out for 20 days; do you have time line
for getting these committed? if these can be committed in next few days or
if it is Major bug, yes we can take them. Otherwise; I would really love to
go on with the Ozone release. How about we send out the Ratis RC candidate
by end of this week? and if these 2 JIRAs are in, we will take them. Does
that sound like a plan?

Thanks
Anu

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.