Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/17 23:08:03 UTC

errors in eclipse

I ma following the tutorial on
http://people.apache.org/~taylor/tutorial/docs/site/index.html
and that's what getting in eclipse.

getQuote cannot be resolved
express-demo/WebContent/WEB-INF/view    stockquote.jsp
No start tag (<p>).
express-demo/WebContent/WEB-INF/content    contact-us.html
portletConfig cannot be resolved
express-demo/WebContent/WEB-INF/templates    edit.jsp
portletConfig cannot be resolved
express-demo/WebContent/WEB-INF/templates    view.jsp
removeUrl cannot be resolved
express-demo/WebContent/WEB-INF/templates    edit.jsp
renderRequest cannot be resolved

Re: errors in eclipse

Posted by Lincoln Peters <li...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Aug 17, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Mansour wrote:

> I ma following the tutorial on http://people.apache.org/~taylor/
> tutorial/docs/site/index.html
> and that's what getting in eclipse.

My understanding is that Jetspeed currently uses Maven to build, not
just Ant.  As such, I don't think you can use Eclipse to build
Jetspeed, at least not as described in the tutorial.

I'm not really sure what's going on with that tutorial.

--
Lincoln Peters
Blue Sunrise Software

Re: errors in eclipse

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Aug 17, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Mansour wrote:

> I ma following the tutorial on http://people.apache.org/~taylor/
> tutorial/docs/site/index.html
> and that's what getting in eclipse.
>
> getQuote cannot be resolved

getQuote is defined just above there:

<portlet:actionURL var="getQuote" >
</portlet:actionURL>

The Eclipse editor doesn't seem to recognize thi variable defined by
the Portlet API tags

As a work around, you can create a JSP file called
'view/include/portletDefineObjects.jsp' with the following content:

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>
<%@ page import="javax.portlet.RenderRequest" %>
<%@ page import="javax.portlet.RenderResponse" %>
<%@ page import="javax.portlet.PortletConfig" %>
<%
RenderRequest renderRequest = (RenderRequest)
request.getAttribute("javax.portlet.request");
RenderResponse renderResponse = (RenderResponse)
request.getAttribute("javax.portlet.response");
PortletConfig portletConfig = (PortletConfig)
request.getAttribute("javax.portlet.config");
%>

And then use the include directive to pull this stuff into every
portlet JSP rather than the <portlet:defineObjects/> tag like so:

<%@include file="/WEB-INF/view/include/portletDefineObjects.jsp" %>

Anyway the project will build and you can deploy the war file as is

Re: errors in eclipse

Posted by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com>.
I was able to build jetspeed but when I run the installer I get an empty
windows and no widgets are visible. Can any one help ?