Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Wellington <da...@crosswind.com> on 2004/09/24 03:28:25 UTC

Tab panels and form rewinds

Hello:

I built a little tab panel component based on the example in the workbench
(using the Block/RenderBlock components). It works well enough displaying
various properties in the various tabs.  However, when the user changes
tabs, I need to get any properties that have been modified in the old tab.
(The tab component, and components contained in it, are enclosed in a Form
component).  It looks (to me, a Tapestry newbie) like the only way the
properties get updated is through a form rewind.  I have poked around a fair
amount, trying to get the listener method in the tab panel component to act
like a submit component and failed miserably.  If anyone has any
suggestions, I would appreciate them.

Thank you,
David Wellington

R: Tab panels and form rewinds

Posted by Luca De Petrillo <lu...@websiteitalia.com>.
AFAIK in workbench for generating link it use DirectLink... Try to use
LinkSubmit, that, when clicked, uses a javascript to perform the form submit
before calling its listener.

BYE!
Luca De Petrillo