Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by la...@sybase.com on 2005/12/07 00:23:29 UTC

Tuscany SOA Project

I would like to offer development help on the proposed Tuscany SOA project.
>From the Tuscany proposal, I would be interested in helping with the
following technology areas:

 * integration with Axis2 policy implementations for security,
   transactions, reliable messaging
 * support heterogeneous components written in C/C++, BPEL, PHP
   and other languages

I have served in a lead roll for several Sybase projects with the most
recent being ( Sybase Workspace -
http://www.sybase.com/products/developmentintegration/workspace ).

Lance Waterman
Staff Architect
Sybase, Inc.
Englewood, CO

Re: Tuscany SOA Project

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 12/7/05, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lance,
>
> Better start with WSS4J to earn karma :) while we get started on
> Tuscany. +1 for any help we can get.

+1

takes a while to get everything checked, approved and the paperwork
completed for a new incubation project. lending a hand to WSS4J would be a
great way to learn how an ASF project works whilst that all gets sorted out.

- robert

Re: Tuscany SOA Project

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Lance,

Better start with WSS4J to earn karma :) while we get started on
Tuscany. +1 for any help we can get.

thanks,
dims

Re: Tuscany SOA Project

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
lance.waterman@sybase.com wrote:
> I would like to offer development help on the proposed Tuscany SOA project.

Great - welcome aboard.

> From the Tuscany proposal, I would be interested in helping with the
> following technology areas:
>
>  * integration with Axis2 policy implementations for security,
>    transactions, reliable messaging

Before we can do that we need to upgrade from Axis1 to Axis2 itself. If
you look in the snapshot we posted to JIRA at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-8 then the Axis
integration is in the runtime/binding.axis module. I would suggest
having a look at the code there first

The intent is to support multiple binding implementations so we can
either modify this module or add a new one e.g. binding.axis2

>  * support heterogeneous components written in C/C++, BPEL, PHP
>    and other languages

The container integration is split between two modules: runtime/core
which is meant to be applicable to all and runtime/container.${type} for
a specific type. As you can see, container.java is fairly basic.
Sebastien has had some thoughts on integrating a BPEL engine, I've been
thinking about integrating with the C++ implementation - were these the
ones you had in mind or another language all together?

--
Jeremy