Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Waseem Shahzad <wa...@curemd.com> on 2012/02/23 15:46:56 UTC

Automated Deployments in SVN--Windows

Guys

            What is the best approach to deploy through SVN on Remote servers:-

1.       ASP pages à Copy and Paste

2.       SPs à in SQL 20xx

3.       COM+Dlls

Moreover  ; Any threat or problem if I put my Live Application in SVN checkout?

Cheers,

Waseem Bukhari

CMer

RE: Automated Deployments in SVN--Windows

Posted by Waseem Shahzad <wa...@curemd.com>.
Thanks for your ACK.

> I have just ASPs files , need to be copy and paste.
>Below are part of my deployment that I want to do with SVN.
 1. ASPs --> Copy Paste
 2. SQL Scripts
 3. DLLs

Any way to work with Other than web svn?

Cheers,
Waseem Bukhari
Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Waseem Shahzad
<wa...@curemd.com> wrote:
> One more thing.
>
>>> What do you mean with this? Is it describing the parts of your software which need to be deployed or your ideas how you could deploy with subversion?
>
> --- Yes , your ideas how you could deploy with subversion?

Some people do run live production servers on a subversion working
copy and trigger svn updates or switches in post-commit hooks on the
subversion server, but it is not really designed for that.  For most
purposes it would be better to use subversion for development with a
separate testing/deployment step.  For example you might use jenkins
(http://jenkins-ci.org/) to run automated test and deployment jobs
when in notices that changes have been commited, or simply do a manual
checkout on a staging system and then use rsync with the -C option to
push the changes to your production server(s).

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com

RE: Automated Deployments in SVN--Windows

Posted by Waseem Shahzad <wa...@curemd.com>.
One more thing.

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Waseem Shahzad,

Posted by Waseem Shahzad <wa...@curemd.com>.
Thanks for your ACK.

I am using Windows ,Visual SVN Server and tortoise SVN as Client.

Now Pls share your thoughts?

Cheers,
Waseem Bukhari
Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.