Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Oleg Atamanenko <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/08 08:30:19 UTC

ServiceMix message priority patch

Hello, Gert.

Here is a patch for setting jms priority for messages.

I've added new constant in AbstractJMSFlow - MESSAGE_PRIORITY.

Before sending message to JMS queue I check existence of this property in
message exchange, and if it exists, I set jmsPriority on message.

If it correct, you can commit it in the trunk. The code can be used under
Apache License.

Now I'm thinking about implementing for custom message prioritization
strategy. As for me, ServiceMix should have ability to modify message
priority based on the life time of the message. The older message - the
higher priority it has.
I'm planning to implement it during weekend.

Best regards,
    Oleg Atamanenko.

P.S. I've subscribed to users list, so you can write only to the list,
without copy to me personally.

Re: ServiceMix message priority patch

Posted by Oleg Atamanenko <da...@gmail.com>.
Gert,

I created the jira issue - SM-1506

For now I cannot create svn diff, because I have no trunk at work.
this diff is against 3.2.2 tag.

But since patch is small you can merge it manually, I think.

Best regards,
 Oleg Atamanenko.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Oleg,