Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "T.L.TEO" <tl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/14 04:01:34 UTC

SSL ciphersuite

Hi there

I use the codes below to check whether my SSL is working.

import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.security.*;
import javax.net.ssl.*;

public class PrintSession {

System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ww
w.protocol");

 Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

      SSLSocketFactory factory
       = (SSLSocketFactory) SSLSocketFactory.getDefault();

      SSLSocket s = (SSLSocket) factory.createSocket("localhost", 8443);

    // What's the cipher suite?
    System.out.println(s.getSession().getCipherSuite());

    // Clean up.
    s.close();
  }
}

What I get is SSL_NULL_WITH_NULL_NULL

In browser, I can see the ciphersuite is SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5

Cud someone enlighten me whether SSL is working and why is there a
difference???