Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vadim Keylis <vk...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/23 19:27:07 UTC

Kafka Yammer Metrics

Good morning. i have not used yammer metrics until we deploy kafka. Csv
output is great, but sending data to graphite or similar straight from
kafka would be better. We can do our custom implementation that queries jmx
and sends data, but I would be curious how community does it.
is there module that connects yammer metrics to graphite preferably or
ganglia?

Thanks so much,
Vadim

Side note:  I will appreciate if someone can also recommend good site that
has yammer metrics documentation, I google it, but did not find what was
relevant.

Re: Kafka Yammer Metrics

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
Vadim,

We wrap kafka in our own java service container, which as a happy
coincidence, uses yammer metrics also.  The yammer library has a
GraphiteReporter, which you can configure, which will run a background
thread and send all configured yammer metrics to graphite at regular
intervals, e.g. every 10 seconds.

The main site for yammer metrics is here:  http://metrics.codahale.com/

Jason

Re: Kafka Yammer Metrics