Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by rwengr <rw...@bellsouth.net> on 2014/03/14 02:56:13 UTC

Re: DependencyManager and car-maven-plugin problem

The initial answer to this issue is on Page 32 of Pro Apache Geronimo.

The deployment plan has to declare any Geronimo Bean you want to use as a
reference.

<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
  <environment>
    <moduleId>
      <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
      <artifactId>directory</artifactId>
      <version>9.0.2</version>
      <type>car</type>
    </moduleId>
    <dependencies/>
		<hidden-classes/>
		<non-overridable-classes/>
		<private-classes/>
  </environment>
  <gbean name="ServerInfo"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.serverinfo.BasicServerInfo">
    <attribute name="useSystemProperties">true</attribute>
  </gbean>
  <gbean name="DirectoryService"
class="org.apache.geronimo.directory.DirectoryGBean">
    <attribute name="configFile">var/directory/server.xml</attribute>
    <attribute name="workingDir">var/directory</attribute>
  </gbean>
</module>

My build was missing the "ServerInfo" <gbean>.

How did this happen?  The project I checked out from svn.apache.org had this
for the plan and I have not created plugins/car before.  Maybe this was OK
in Geronimo 2.1 car-maven-plugin.

<module
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-${geronimoSchemaVersion}">

    <gbean name="DirectoryService"
class="org.apache.geronimo.directory.DirectoryGBean">
        <attribute name="configFile">var/directory/server.xml</attribute>
        <attribute name="workingDir">var/directory</attribute>
    </gbean>

</module>

I was reluctant to spend much time with books on Geronimo 2.

I verified this solution on a simplified example, but it gets more
interesting.  The build for this project is still throwing the same error
even though I corrected my plan.  That means there is another issue in my
build or my plan causing a problem.  But at least I know now how it's
suppose to work.

I might publish a tutorial when I get done with this.