Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Lam <jl...@ust.hk> on 2005/02/24 12:15:01 UTC

workers.properties: cache_timeout/socket_timeout/...

Anyone familiar with the tuning of the timeout settings?
cache_timeout
socket_timeout
recycle_timeout
prepost_timeout
connect_timeout
reply_timeout

There are so many timeout settings but the doc online is a bit confusing
to me. I don't know which value is used under different situations...

e.g.:

When Apache create a new ajp connection to TC and forward a request, will
the socket_timeout or connect_timeout or prepost_timeout be used?(or a mix
of them?)

When an ajp connection is idled, will cache_timeout or recycle_timeout be
used?

Is socket_timeout always in effect together with each of the other
timeouts?

What if the page content from TC is lengthy and took longer than
cache/recycle_timeout?

Regards,
Joseph