Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Roberto Camelk <be...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/07 13:28:01 UTC

kamel run with --name in camel-case converting to kebab-case

I noticed that when I run an integration forcing a name in
"camel-case" style, it automatically is renamed to "kebab-case".

Here is the shell output:

$ kamel run cron.groovy --name aaBbCc
Modeline options have been loaded from source files
Full command: kamel run cron.groovy --name aaBbCc
Integration "aa-bb-cc" created

$ kamel get
NAME PHASE KIT
aa-bb-cc Initialization

My question is, is it a Camel-K behavior or a k8s behavior?

Re: kamel run with --name in camel-case converting to kebab-case

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I kinda recall the name is to be DNS friendly or something like that

--
Claus Ibsen