Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sandeep G <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/29 11:40:55 UTC

I have a problem when i run a test plan recorded by proxy.

Hi All,
I recorded an application with proxy with 1 user...requests are as follows
1.Login(It contains username and password)
2.click apply for job link
3.apply job form 1 and click next(It contains applicant details)
4.apply job form 2 and click submit(It contains competencies text area box)

I saved that recorded testPlan.
Added http cookie for whole thread group.Set cookie policy as
Compatibility.Added Listeners(view results tree,view results table,summary
report etc..)
I changed username and password values in login sampler.
I changed lastname,firstname,emailid and password values in apply job form 1
sampler.I didn't disturb rest of the form 1 details.
I saved testplan and started run.
After completion, i saw view results tree.logged in success fully.apply job
1 and 2 forms are not added.
Actually apply job 1 form should appear first but job 2 form appeared first
in tree.also values are not set what i have given.
I hope any other stuff has to be added..
I stucked here.I unable to go next step.
Please reply me ASAP.

Regards,
Sandeep G.

Re: I have a problem when i run a test plan recorded by proxy.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/09/2008, Himanshu Ghai <hi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> here's an asap reply...start comparing the request and responses
>  from the beginning of your script to the end with what your browser sends..
>  wherever you see any difference in the request/cookies/response correct it..
>  use a proxy(paros/achilles) or http live headers/firebug to see requests nd
>  response from browser...
>
>  request first in the plan should be sent first..are you running multiple
>  threads?
>
>  this is a list where people contribute..to me it does not seem appropriate
>  ask for ASAP responses..

All good advice.

Make sure you have added a Cookie Manager to the test plan.
During proxy recording, the browser takes care of any cookies, but
when you re-run the plan, JMeter needs to be told to do so.

Posted by Himanshu Ghai <hi...@gmail.com>.