Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/04/21 18:20:01 UTC

[ApacheCon][Hackathon] Discussions at ApacheCon EU

Hi all,

I want to invite all our users and committers to join us at ApacheCon EU
2007 in Amsterdam
as we congregate to discuss various aspects of development and community
here at
Apache Directory.

I have compiled a list of topics for discussion which may or may not be
discussed.  Better
to have a full list to select from I say.  We can add to his list via
confluence and elaborate
on some of the conversations we have after AC to keep those not attending
the conference
up to date.

So take a look at the following page here and see if we should add some more
to it:

   http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxPMGT/apachecon-eu-2007-discussions.html

Also note that you don't have to attend the hackathon to tap us on the
shoulder and
start talking to us.  Might be nice to have some badges or stickers so you
can
pick us out in the crowd.  In general though it's a good idea to bring all
conversations
back to the ML or to confluence so others can share in the discussion.

BTW perhaps we should get a sound off on who is going to AC/EU 2007.  I know
the
following people will be there

Emmanuel Lecharny
Pierre Marcelot
Stefan Seelmann
Alex Karasulu
Stefan Zoerner
Christine Koppelt

Am I missing anyone?

Hope to see you all there!

Alex

Re: [ApacheCon][Hackathon] Discussions at ApacheCon EU

Posted by Christine Koppelt <ck...@apache.org>.
... and i on Wednesday afternoon

Christine

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Absolutely!  Anything with the word hack in it sounds good to me ;-)

Thanks!
Chris

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Btw, guys, don't forget to register to Hackhaton ! ( on your
people.apache.org personnal account, in
committers/hackathons/2007/ApacheCon_Europe.txt, just add your name)

Chris, you want me to invite you ?

On 4/23/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi chris,
>
> we are arriving on tuesday (all = alex, pam and me). I hope that what you
> will do on monday evening will help you to scoot us for the hotest paces in
> amsterdam during the rest of the week !!! Don't get to high, either : the
> city is full of canals, with very cold water in it ;)
>
> Emmanuel
>
> On 4/23/07, Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I will be there From Monday morning until Saturday morning.  If anyone
> > else is going to be there Monday afternoon let me know and we can get
> > together.
> >
> > Chris
> >

> > On 4/23/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > I confirm I'll be there.
> > >
> > > I'll update the page with LDAP Studio related-discussions.
> > >
> > > P-A

> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.iktek.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ApacheCon][Hackathon] Discussions at ApacheCon EU

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
We currently have a heat wave over here, so cold water may actually be nice..
Monday is going to be the hottest queensday ever :)

Mvgr,
Martin

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi chris,

we are arriving on tuesday (all = alex, pam and me). I hope that what you
will do on monday evening will help you to scoot us for the hotest paces in
amsterdam during the rest of the week !!! Don't get to high, either : the
city is full of canals, with very cold water in it ;)

Emmanuel

On 4/23/07, Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will be there From Monday morning until Saturday morning.  If anyone
> else is going to be there Monday afternoon let me know and we can get
> together.
>
> Chris
>

> On 4/23/07, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> wrote:
> >
> > I confirm I'll be there.
> >
> > I'll update the page with LDAP Studio related-discussions.
> >
> > P-A
> >

> > On 4/21/07, Alex Karasulu < akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I want to invite all our users and committers to join us at ApacheCon
> > > EU 2007 in Amsterdam
> > > as we congregate to discuss various aspects of development and
> > > community here at
> > > Apache Directory.
> > >
> > > I have compiled a list of topics for discussion which may or may not
> > > be discussed.  Better
> > > to have a full list to select from I say.  We can add to his list via
> > > confluence and elaborate
> > > on some of the conversations we have after AC to keep those not
> > > attending the conference
> > > up to date.
> > >
> > > So take a look at the following page here and see if we should add
> > > some more to it:
> > >
> > >    http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxPMGT/apachecon-eu-2007-discussions.html
> > >

> > > Also note that you don't have to attend the hackathon to tap us on the
> > > shoulder and
> > > start talking to us.  Might be nice to have some badges or stickers so
> > > you can
> > > pick us out in the crowd.  In general though it's a good idea to bring
> > > all conversations
> > > back to the ML or to confluence so others can share in the discussion.
> > >

> > > BTW perhaps we should get a sound off on who is going to AC/EU 2007.
> > > I know the
> > > following people will be there
> > >
> > > Emmanuel Lecharny
> > > Pierre Marcelot
> > > Stefan Seelmann
> > > Alex Karasulu
> > > Stefan Zoerner
> > > Christine Koppelt
> > >
> > > Am I missing anyone?
> > >
> > > Hope to see you all there!
> > >
> > > Alex

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ApacheCon][Hackathon] Discussions at ApacheCon EU

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
I confirm I'll be there.

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I won't be able to attend ApacheCon EU 2007 but may be ApacheCon US
2007. I wanted to remind you all that the proposal submission date due
for US 2007 conference is 28th of April.

--
Ersin

Re: [ApacheCon][Hackathon] Discussions at ApacheCon EU

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> BTW perhaps we should get a sound off on who is going to AC/EU 2007.  I
> know
> the
> following people will be there
>
> Emmanuel Lecharny
> Pierre Marcelot
> Stefan Seelmann
> Alex Karasulu
> Stefan Zoerner
> Christine Koppelt
>
> Am I missing anyone?
>
> Hope to see you all there!

Sorry Alex, but I will not attend ApacheCon. It is a shame :-(

But the company I work for has scheduled an important event that week
which I can't miss. For compensation I will speak on the JAX conference
(http://jax.de/konferenzen/jax07/index_eng.php) in Wiesbaden/Germany
next week about ApacheDS.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan Zoerner (szoerner)