Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mega-digital <me...@uol.com.br> on 2003/06/07 18:49:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 + Windows 2000 PRO problem...

Hi,

  I recently unistalled Windows XP PRO because i had the
problem described in apache download page... I tried to
install service pack 1 but my modem refused to work with
it... Then i installed Windows 2000 PRO and everything
stopped...With windows xp users were seeing the page with a
lot of erros... and now users can't access my apache
server... Like a router, users can't connect... Anyone have
had this problem and could help me? I used Windows 2000
Server before xp and it was working ok but don't want to back
to 2000 server =(...
  My apache server is 2.0.46, i have adsl connection via dial
up (yep, not a router, my modem and isp have all ports
opened), shared with 2 computers (mine is the host) and i
have configured ports services in windows but not has
changed...
  Please help me!!!

Thank you very much
Gabriel Santos

---
UOL, o melhor da Internet
http://www.uol.com.br/

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 + Windows 2000 PRO problem...

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
mega-digital wrote:

>   I recently unistalled Windows XP PRO because i had the
> problem described in apache download page... I tried to
> install service pack 1 but my modem refused to work with
> it...

I assume you are talking about this: (wrapped-link-warning)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317949

I had that problem 1 1/2 years ago and was able to get hold of the hotfix
(through this list), which solved the problem. At the time I only
experienced it with (large) dynamic content. Microsoft claims SP1 fix this
issue, but I've seen people with this problem despite applying SP1, while
the hotfix works. If you cannot resolve it by other means, I can give you
the hotfix (it's still around here somewhere ;-).

Regards,
Robert Andersson

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 + Windows 2000 PRO problem...

Posted by Jim Walls <k6...@earthlink.net>.
mega-digital wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I recently unistalled Windows XP PRO because i had the
> problem described in apache download page... I tried to
> install service pack 1 but my modem refused to work with
> it... Then i installed Windows 2000 PRO and everything
> stopped...With windows xp users were seeing the page with a
> lot of erros... and now users can't access my apache
> server... Like a router, users can't connect... Anyone have
> had this problem and could help me? I used Windows 2000
> Server before xp and it was working ok but don't want to back
> to 2000 server =(...
>   My apache server is 2.0.46, i have adsl connection via dial
> up (yep, not a router, my modem and isp have all ports
> opened), shared with 2 computers (mine is the host) and i
> have configured ports services in windows but not has
> changed...
>   Please help me!!!

The only help I can give you is that Apache will work under Windows 2000
Pro.  I'm doing it here at home on an old 100 MHz Pentium with only 96MB
of RAM  It's not a busy server by any means, but it works very reliably.
  Can be seen at http://www.k6ccc.org or http://www.w6sce.org

-----------------------
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/
626-302-8515    FAX  626-302-7501
AMSAT member 32537 / WSWSS member 395
To send me PGP encrypted E-Mail, use:
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/PublicKey.html

RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2 + Windows 2000 PRO problem...

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Check you error log file, try to telnet the port that apache is running on,
read some docs before posting "it's not working" post.
You must have something wrong in your system, you didn't specify whether IIS
is also installed on your system, you didn't say if the apache service runs
or starts at all, do have any SP installed.
Apache works on ANY platform, whether it's XP, 2000 Pro., 2000 Server, 2000
Adv. Server, 95 (limited but works), 98, 98SE, ME, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, Unix,
Linux, IBM AS/400, Solaris, AIX, and so on..
And you are not the first and not the last to have troubles sometimes with
the installation.
If you need any specific information of howto correct your system, you must
give more details about the above questions.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324