Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Andrea Aime <aa...@opengeo.org> on 2010/02/22 17:02:43 UTC

Security handled at the proxy level

Hi,
I have developed an application with Wicket that has
its own built-in security and now a user needs to use
it in a way that security is managed by a proxy instead.

The way they can impose security is by url, and in theory
I could get away by using only bookmarkable pages that
contain a certain package name.

The issue is, when the page contents change (validation,
showing/hiding panels, ...)  the url changes and becomes
something generic like:

http://host/app/?wicket:interface=:3:1:::

Is there any way to force it to encode the url so that
it looks at least like:

http://host/app/secured?wicket:interface:3:1:::

when the page is recognized as a secure one? (in my
case those pages extend a certain base class that provides
security control... when that is enabled, that is, otherwise
it does nothing).

Cheers
Andrea

Re: Wicket used for mobile.walmart.com

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.
incredibly nice

2010/2/22 Joachim F. Kainz <jf...@jolira.com>

>  Fellow Wicket Users,
>
> The question if Wicket is suitable for large enterprises has just become
> easier to answer: The largest enterprise in the world is now using Wicket
> for its mobile site. Check out mobile.walmart.com (or just point your
> mobile phone to www.walmart.com and get redirected automatically).
>
> The reason why my client decided to go with Wicket makes it easy to support
> multiple different types of devices. The walmart mobile application supports
> different HTML for three categories of devices (L1: iPhones & challengers,
> L2: BlackBerries, L3: Plain Old Devices). These three experiences are
> supported by the same Java code on the server side.

I'd be very curious how that was achieved? Do you keep three sets of
templates and decide at runtime based on the user-agent information which
template to render against?

I'm currently in a project where this device independence is achieved by a
'post-processor' which picks up the rendered markup and re-renders it for
each device category.

Just curious which approach was chosen for wallmart and your experiences
with it.

mf

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rk...@gmail.com>.
Peter, yep that's the one, thanks for sharing it. I'm always wary of kicking
my own links out to lists and seeming pushy ;)

Posted by Peter Thomas <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Joachim F. Kainz" <jf...@jolira.com>.
Riyad,

Posted by "Joachim F. Kainz" <jf...@jolira.com>.
Funny!

I just wanted to point out that mobile.walmart.com supports three
categories of devices using the same Java code (only the html is (very)
different.) Try doing that with JSP.

If anybody wants to try this out, use the User Agent Switcher in Firefox
and the following configuration:

<useragentswitcher>

	<folder description="L1">
	<useragent description="iPhone 3.0"
		useragent="Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16"
		appcodename="Mozilla" appname="Netscape"
		appversion="5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16"
		platform="iPhone" vendor="Apple Computer, Inc." vendorsub="" />
	</folder>
	<folder description="L2">
	<useragent description="BlackBerry 7520"
		useragent="BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.12 (Google WAP Proxy/1.0)"
		appcodename="" appname="" appversion="" platform="" vendor=""
		vendorsub="" />
	<useragent description="Blackberry"
		useragent="BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105"
		appcodename="" appname="" appversion="" platform="" vendor=""
		vendorsub="" />
	</folder>
	<folder description="L2*">
	<useragent description="NokiaN82"
		useragent="Mozilla/5.0(SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN82/10.0.035; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1;)AppleWebKit/413(KHTML,like Gecko)Safari/413"
		appcodename="" appname="" appversion="" platform="" vendor=""
		vendorsub="" />
	</folder>
	<folder description="L3">
		<useragent description="L3"
		useragent="OPWV-SDK/62 UP.Browser/6.2.2.1.208 (GUI) MMP/2.0"
		appcodename="" appname="" appversion="" platform="" vendor=""
		vendorsub="" />
	</folder>
</useragentswitcher>

Posted by Cemal Bayramoglu <jW...@cabouge.com>.
I've seen a few places now, where in their excitement, enthusiasm and
haste to make it known to the world that a key, public facing, Walmart
site is built on Wicket, people have spelt the domain name
incorrectly.
Arguments to convince the unaware that Wicket is really very good
would be even more convincing if quoted URLs actually exist, like
mobile.walmart.com does.

Joachim,

Congratulations to you and your colleagues.

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
OO & Java Technologies, Wicket
Consulting, Development, Training
http://jWeekend.com

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
hehe :)

Posted by Daniele Dellafiore <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rk...@gmail.com>.
Joachim,

Posted by "Joachim F. Kainz" <jf...@jolira.com>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rk...@gmail.com>.
That is seriously cool Joachim, thanks for the heads up!

Posted by Ilja Pavkovic <il...@binaere-bauten.de>.
Hi,

how did you measure the system performance? I know that you investigated some
time for improving wicket performace and I see you created jolirium. Did you
use this for multiuser performance measurements? Or anything else?

Best Regards,
	Ilja Pavkovic

--
binaere bauten gmbh · tempelhofer ufer 1a · 10961 berlin

   +49 · 171 · 9342 465

Handelsregister: HRB 115854 - Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Inform. Ilja Pavkovic, Dipl.-Inform. Jost Becker

Re: Wicket used for mobile.walmart.com

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff

I can see theres a demo project for the stateless.

They all seem pretty straight forward..

regards Nino

Posted by "Joachim F. Kainz" <jf...@jolira.com>.
Jeff,

Posted by Jeffrey Schneller <je...@envisa.com>.
Joachim,

Re: Security handled at the proxy level

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you can extend webrequestcodingstrategy to do that...

-igor