Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bruce Krautbauer <br...@medtronic.com> on 2002/06/24 23:51:51 UTC

NPE with Profiling on 2.1-Dev

I'm getting a NPE from ProfilingCachingProcessingPipeline when I try to access anything from my pipeline when profiling is enabled.

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilingCachingProcessingPipeline.process(ProfilingCachingProcessingPipeline.java:114)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ReadNode.invoke(ReadNode.java:122)

This is with the CVS HEAD (from 2002-06-24 AM CDT) running on JDK 1.3.1_03 on Win2K with Tomcat 4.0.4.  I followed the instructions from the Profiling Generator user docs.  What am I missing?

On a related note, is there any way I can get Tomcat to cache my files/resources when it is loading?  The first time my pipeline is accessed after a Tomcat restart it takes about 10 seconds to generate the page.  After that it takes less than a second, even though the page is displaying dynamic data.

TIA,
Bruce

RE: NPE with Profiling on 2.1-Dev

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Bruce,

thanks for reporting this - it should be fixed now in the latest
CVS.
The profiling pipeline is currently not able to profile a map:read.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler     Chief Architect     Open Source Group, S&N AG
             Cocoon Consulting, Training and Projects
mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de                  http://www.s-und-n.de
                    http://ziegeler.bei.t-online.de