Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> on 2010/12/01 23:54:45 UTC

Re: Solr DataImportHandler (DIH) and Cassandra

Try the solr source code.
Aaron

On 30 Nov, 2010,at 01:37 PM, Mark <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

The DataSource subclass route is what I will probably be interested in. Are there are working examples of this already out there?

On 11/29/10 12:32 PM, Aaron Morton wrote:
AFAIK there is nothing pre-written to pull the data out for you.

You should be able to create your DataSource sub class http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/DataSource.html Using the Hector java library to pull data from Cassandra.

I'm guessing you will need to consider how to perform delta imports. Perhaps using the secondary indexes in 0.7* , or maintaining your own queues or indexes to know what has changed.

There is also the Lucandra project, not exactly what your after but may be of interest anyway  https://github.com/tjake/Lucandra

Hope that helps.
Aaron

On 30 Nov, 2010,at 05:04 AM, Mark <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there anyway to use DIH to import from Cassandra? Thanks