Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kiran Singh <ki...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/16 07:09:25 UTC

Offset Commit and fetch API.

Hi

I am little bit confused in regards to offset.
Please correct me if i am wrong any where.

Note: I am using Java API only for most of these operation.

1. By default offset store in Zookeeper for a topic? Is there any setting
in zookeeper/broker/topic related to same?

2. If a offset is stored in Zookeeper Can i used Offset commit and fetch
API ?

3. While using Offset commit and fetch API i need to pass group id. And
group id is created when i create a consumer.
So i need to create one consumer before using offset commit and fetch API?

4. Another things is i need to pass coordinator id. What is this
coordinator id?

Thanks
Kiran Singh