Posted to user@poi.apache.org by pelican <pe...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/15 01:33:14 UTC

Create Cell comments

Hi,

Recently I saw some mails about creating Cell comments using POI. In fact using HSSFPatriach and using the method createCellComment().

Is it already available in version 3 alpha? I can't find in the API documentation and also when I tried, there is an error.

rgds,

Re: Re[2]: Create Cell comments

Posted by pelican <pe...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

At that time I am using POI alpha3.

Something like:-

import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.*;

    HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
    HSSFSheet sheet = wb.createSheet();
    HSSFPatriarch patr = sheet.createDrawingPatriarch();
    HSSFComment comment = patr.createComment
      (new HSSFClientAnchor(0,0,0,0,
       (short) 4, 2, (short) 10, 5));

The error is "cannot find symbol" pointing at HSSFComment.

I am using the three jar files
poi-3.0-alpha3-20061212.jar
poi-contrib-3.0-alpha3-20061212.jar
poi-scratchpad-3.0-alpha3-20061212.jar

Anyway, yesterday, I found the RC1 release and I tried using this and it is
working correctly now.

thanks and rgds,

Re: Create Cell comments

Posted by pelican <pe...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I will reply to my own mail.

Just now, I saw the announcement about POI 3.0 RC1 and after downloading, I
find that the API mentioned about the cell comments.

I will try that and hope that it should be ok.

rgds,