Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "John.Smith" <da...@nicehand.info> on 2007/05/28 18:44:53 UTC

Same index OR multiple indexes/webapps (multilanguage document)

Hi,

I manipulate some "documents", Each document have the same structure.
But i have about 150.000 documents in french and about 200.000 documents in
english.

I also have 2 different applications (one in french and one in english).
French app makes queries only on french docs and English app makes queries
on english docs.

So what is the best solution.

1) use 2 distinct index (one for english doc and another one index (so
another webapp) for french doc)

2) make a single index with a field language in the structure of document
and query with lang:en or lang:fr.  I don't know how this can impact
performance.

Re: Same index OR multiple indexes/webapps (multilanguage document)

Posted by "John.Smith" <da...@nicehand.info>.
Thanks Ryan,

I don't think to Analyzers.
I choose solution with 2 distinct indexes.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
If your french/english apps really don't need to share data, I don't
think there is any general rule -- the choice will come down to your
personal taste...