Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2003/12/01 10:18:47 UTC

Re: ant stack trace.....junit/ant compatibility problem

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Dean Hiller <de...@xsoftware.biz> wrote:

> I have the following unhelpful stack trace.

Is it really that unhelpful when complete?

It most probably is some sort of classloader issue to begin with,
that's also the reason why it works when you use <java> directly.

Java 1.4 has this new feature that snips "over-long" stack-traces,
which causes them to be less than optimal in complicated reflection
situations like Ant invoking your test methods.  If possible, can you
try a 1.3 VM instead?

Stefan

Re: ant stack trace.....junit/ant compatibility problem

Posted by Dean Hiller <de...@xsoftware.biz>.
actually, I massaged the code into a place that works in ant and outside
of ant now.  Sorry, I am going to plead lazy on this one as I have a
million other tasks to do.  Normallly my curiosity kills me and I would
have to find the bug in ant or what I was doing wrong.  I may still do
that in a week or so.  My hunch is that reflection had a problem looking
at my inner class.  I probably just needed to make it public.....I am
pretty sure of this since the inner class was the actual subclass of
TestCase that was being run.  The outer class was a TestSuite that just
created many TestCases.(Had to do this to hook into another test framework).
thanks,
dean