Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/01/26 06:08:35 UTC

web page on fin_wait_2 problem

See http://www.worldgate.com/~marcs/fin_wait_2.html for the start of a
page detailing the FIN_WAIT_2 problem.  I am suggesting it be included in
manual/misc/ when complete and linked to from whereever.

Any comments are appreciated.  Note I haven't actually read it after
writing it yet, so don't be suprised at what you find...

What I would especially like is any more reports of what operating systems
have a FIN_WAIT_2 timeout and which are known not to.

Don't suppose anyone here has SunOS 4.x source?  Anyone know if Sun would
have any problems with someone who does have the source making a new
tcp_usrreq.o available with the timeout in?