Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gerard Dosaigües <gd...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/25 11:28:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirecting to multiple webapps in same Tomcat

I must say that I tried a lot of possibilities but my knowledgment in
Apache WS is not too much advanced.

Apache Web Server version: 2.2.22
OS: Centos 6 64 bits
Tomcat version: 7.0.57

What I need to achieve is the following:
I have some plain websites defined this way:
[b]<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin example1@example1.com
        DocumentRoot "/opt/sites/example1/"
        ServerName example1.com
        ErrorLog logs/example1-error_log
        CustomLog logs/example1-access_log common
        RedirectMatch permanent ^/(.*) http://www.example1.com/$1
</VirtualHost>
        ServerName www.example1.com
        ErrorLog logs/example1-error_log
        CustomLog logs/example1-access_log common
</VirtualHost>[/b]

I have a tomcat with several webapps, each one accessible by its own
context.
I must access each one of this webapps from a different domain. For
example, I have the following webapps: wbExample1, wbExample2, wbExample3

It should be accessible this way:

www.example1.com/wbExample1
www.example2.com/wbExample2
www.example3.com/wbExample3

So, the domain defined for each website must also access to an specific
webapp.

For an extra, I would like to know if [b]www.example1.com/wbExample1[/b]
could be accessible with url [b]www.example1.com/contact[/b] without
showing the name context of the webapp and showing the text [b]contact or
contact.html[/b].

--
Ger
Learning to Live

Re: [users@httpd] Redirecting to multiple webapps in same Tomcat

Posted by Gerard Dosaigües <gd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Serge,

thanks for your input.
I know I have to use the proxy directives. My problem is that I tried to do
but I didn't found the correct way to achieve the solution, and I'm looking
for somebody that can give me an example of how to do it.

Regards,

Gerard

Posted by Serge Fonville <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerard,