Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Joseph Bergmark <be...@apache.org> on 2010/08/02 22:28:56 UTC

Re: [IMPORTANT] About Big Commits

Hi Gurkan, I followed your directions and ran the tests and hit a few setup
issues and not matching results.

Setup issues:
1) Received errors about having tomcat.home defined in two places.  I had it
in both my pom.xml and inside of jboss-test-harness.properties.  Had to
comment out the second instance to avoid the error.
2) Had to set "org.jboss.testharness.runIntegrationTests=false" for the
standalone tests.  Not sure if this was assumed, but wasn't directly
mentioned in the standalone section of the TCK_RUNNING.TXT file.
3) Had to add the user/password for tomcat.  This is printed in the INFO
messages, so wasn't hard to find but isn't mentioned in the instructions.
4) My silly mistake, but had to start tomcat first.  This does seem a bit
odd though as the standalone tests don't actually leverage tomcat do they?
I don't see any output in the catalina.log.  Perhaps this is due to
org.jboss.testharness.api.TestLauncher setting?

Errors after resolving the above:

Failed tests:

testBindingTypesAppliedToDisposalMethodParameters(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.disposal.method.definition.DisposalMethodDefinitionTest)

testContextCreatesNewInstanceForInjection(org.jboss.jsr299.tck.tests.implementation.simple.lifecycle.SimpleBeanLifecycleTest)

I will happily update the instructions in SVN with the steps i missed if
those appear correct.  Not sure about the two failing tests in my
environment that don't fail for you.  Does anyone else see these?

Sincerely,

Joe

Posted by Jacquelle Leggett <jd...@hotmail.com>.
I experienced similar setup issues when attempting to run the TCK.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
>>>I will re-run tests and look.
Tests are succesfully passed,

SimpleBeanLifecycleTest,DisposalMethodDefinitionTest

--Gurkan

________________________________
>>>I will happily update the instructions in SVN with the steps i missed if
>>>those  appear correct.

Thanks Joe, please update the documentation, your observations are correct!

>>>Not sure about the two failing tests in my

I will re-run tests and look.

4)....
For standalone tests, Tomcat is not needed. It boot OpenEJB and running tests
using StandAloneContainerImpl.

Regards;

--Gurkan

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.