Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Geoff Greer <an...@mipsisrisc.com> on 2008/04/21 22:37:52 UTC

Sendfile enabled on OS X in APR versions > 1.2

I recently checked out a copies of trunk apr, apr-util, and httpd to
play around with. After building everything I noticed images were cut
off in my browser. Setting EnableSendFile off fixed the problem, but
APR 1.2 was smart enough to disable sendfile on OS X. Configure.in in
APR 1.2 has the following lines:

*darwin*)
# darwin semantics in 9.0.0 appear to be fubar
sendfile="0"
;;

which are missing in trunk's configure.in. Even though it's only a one
line change, a patch is attached. Paul Querna says this should also be
backported to the 1.3 branch.

Geoff Greer