Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org> on 2021/07/16 10:28:00 UTC

Thin client data structures

Igniters,

I was asked a few times about Data Structures [1] in thin clients.

While there are plans to add them eventually, it is possible to implement
them on top of the existing thin client cache API.
I'd like to share a short blog post which demonstrates this [2].

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/features/datastructures.html
[2]
https://ptupitsyn.github.io/Ignite-Thin-Client-Distributed-Blocking-Queue/

Re: Thin client data structures

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Kathryn,

Yes, same thing for the thick client.
Thick API also has ICache.Invoke to perform atomic updates with custom
logic, which can help with implementation in some cases.

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Ivan,

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.