Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> on 2012/03/09 20:06:06 UTC

[users@httpd] 2.4.1 vhost setup

OK what am I doing wrong

AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release
/opt/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:345

But if it has no effect why when I remove it does the machine block my access to
the virtual host directories? What have I got wrong?

I've also got one application which is running fine on Apache2.2/PHP5.3.10 but
is giving me seg faults on Apache2.4.1/PHP5.4 ... yet all other sites are
running fine.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Re: [users@httpd] 2.4.1 vhost setup

Posted by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk>.
Daniel wrote:
>>     OK what am I doing wrong
>>
>>     AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next
>>     release /opt/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:__345
>>
>>     But if it has no effect why when I remove it does the machine block my
>>     access to the virtual host directories? What have I got wrong?
>>
>>     I've also got one application which is running fine on Apache2.2/PHP5.3.10
>>     but is giving me seg faults on Apache2.4.1/PHP5.4 ... yet all other sites
>>     are running fine.

> Are you by chance using mod_deflate with that config? It caused seg faults for
> me as well, but changing the .htaccess code for compression to the code in
> Apache's documentation fixed it for me.

No mod_deflate ... it's a 'basic' build of the 2.4.1 with php the only 'extra'
but see other post ... it's working now - go figure.

Posted by Daniel <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk>.
Eric Covener wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Lester Caine<le...@lsces.co.uk>  wrote:
>> >  OK what am I doing wrong
>> >
>> >  AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next
>> >  release /opt/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:345
>> >
>> >  But if it has no effect why when I remove it does the machine block my
>> >  access to the virtual host directories? What have I got wrong?
> What's your configuration, what URL do you request, and what response
> and error log entries do you see?
>
> How does this change when you have NameVirtualHost?

http://rainbowdigitalmedia.org.uk/ is running fine with 'NameVirtualHost *'
Delete that line and I get ....

Strange it's working fine now - When I first fired it up to clear the warning it
was giving me access errors to the domains.

http://piwik.rainbowdigitalmedia.org.uk/phpinfo.php has the setup - just got to
work out why the piwik user interface is giving me seg faults in Apache. These
sites have been cloned from an Apache2.2/PHP5.3 setup that is working fine

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.