Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2005/04/19 07:03:05 UTC

Re: Memory leak

On Apr 18, 2005, at 11:21 PM, prakash kadam wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am testing log4cxx using purify and i am getting following Memory
> leak issues.

The stack traces looks like 0.9.7 code base (the putenv call is a
give-away).   At this point, this is no benefit to the project to try
to make minor improvements to 0.9.7 as there are many significant bugs
that have already been resolved in the code base.  log4cxx no longer
uses putenv to change the TZ environment variable (which had the
serious side effect of changing the time-zone of the application) and
DOMConfigurator will be eventually replaced with a port of the
JoranConfigurator from log4j.

If you do have other questions that are 0.9.7 specific, please identify
that you are using that version, but at this point, I would not expect
to get much assistance with 0.9.7.   However, you should get more help
if you have problems using the CVS HEAD.