Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2012/09/04 21:59:28 UTC

Getting the maven-plugins-ITs-m* jobs back on track again...

Hi all

I'd like to try to get the Jenkins jobs maven-plugins-ITs-m2 and
maven-plugins-ITs-m3 back on track a gain, but I'm not sure how to.
Perhaps we can crack it together. Here's a summary of the current problems:

maven-plugins-ITs-m2

We only have one plugin failing here, Maven Repository Plugin. There are
2 ITs that fail:
- BundleCreateIT
- BundlePackIT

Both of the claim [1] [2] that the currently building version of the
plugin itself (maven-repository-plugin) is not available in any repository.

I cannot reproduce this locally on either Widows 7 or Ubuntu. Also I
cannot reproduce it in a local Jenkins instance running on Windows 7. Is
there some weird setup in the ASF Jenkins instance that is causing these
errors?

maven-plugins-ITs-m3

There are 4 failing plugins here, Maven Compiler Plugin, Maven Javadoc
Plugin, Maven Repository Plugin and Maven Remote Resources Plugin.

Maven Repository Plugin has the same problem [3] [4] as the m2 build.

Maven Compiler Plugin fails because it cannot use a Java 6 feature when
built using Java 5. This is in an IT [5] for MCOMPILER-120. This builds
fine for me locally on Windows 7. Can anyone confirm on other platforms?
Is it not possible to exclude this IT if the build is running on Java 5
or earlier?

Maven Javadoc Plugin fails [6] in one of the tests:
testIsValidPackageList(org.apache.maven.plugin.javadoc.JavadocUtilTest):
Connection reset
I haven't examined this in detail.

The problems in Maven Remote Resources Plugin looks similar to those in
Maven Repository Plugin. With this plugin pretty much all of the ITs
fail [7].

Any help on these would be much appreciated.

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m2/ws/maven-repository-plugin/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.maven.plugins.repository.it.BundleCreateIT.txt
[2]
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m2/ws/maven-repository-plugin/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.maven.plugins.repository.it.BundlePackIT.txt
[3]
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m3/ws/maven-repository-plugin/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.maven.plugins.repository.it.BundleCreateIT.txt
[4]
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m3/ws/maven-repository-plugin/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.maven.plugins.repository.it.BundlePackIT.txt
[5]
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m3/ws/maven-compiler-plugin/target/it/mcompiler-120/build.log
[6]
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m3/ws/maven-javadoc-plugin/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.maven.plugin.javadoc.JavadocUtilTest.txt
[7]
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m3/ws/maven-remote-resources-plugin/target/failsafe-reports/

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Getting the maven-plugins-ITs-m* jobs back on track again...

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Op Tue, 04 Sep 2012 21:59:28 +0200 schreef Dennis Lundberg
<de...@apache.org>:

> Hi all
>
> I'd like to try to get the Jenkins jobs maven-plugins-ITs-m2 and
> maven-plugins-ITs-m3 back on track a gain, but I'm not sure how to.
> Perhaps we can crack it together. Here's a summary of the current
> problems:
>

> maven-plugins-ITs-m2
>
> We only have one plugin failing here, Maven Repository Plugin. There are
> 2 ITs that fail:
> - BundleCreateIT
> - BundlePackIT
>
> Both of the claim [1] [2] that the currently building version of the
> plugin itself (maven-repository-plugin) is not available in any
> repository.
>
> I cannot reproduce this locally on either Widows 7 or Ubuntu. Also I
> cannot reproduce it in a local Jenkins instance running on Windows 7. Is
> there some weird setup in the ASF Jenkins instance that is causing these
> errors?
>

> maven-plugins-ITs-m3
>
> There are 4 failing plugins here, Maven Compiler Plugin, Maven Javadoc
> Plugin, Maven Repository Plugin and Maven Remote Resources Plugin.
>
> Maven Repository Plugin has the same problem [3] [4] as the m2 build.
>
> Maven Compiler Plugin fails because it cannot use a Java 6 feature when
> built using Java 5. This is in an IT [5] for MCOMPILER-120. This builds
> fine for me locally on Windows 7. Can anyone confirm on other platforms?
> Is it not possible to exclude this IT if the build is running on Java 5
> or earlier?

The Plexus JavacCompiler confirms this, as this is the code responsible
for constructing the arguments.
I've adjusted the invoker.properties to run with java 1.6+
And I've added a verify script to confirm that the build fails for the
right reason.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2012-09-09 10:41, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> On 2012-09-08 23:37, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
>> Le samedi 8 septembre 2012 21:14:21 Olivier Lamy a écrit :
>>> I have removed use of .repository.
>>> Looks better
>> great!
>> Thank you: ITs are now ok with M2!!!
>
> Great work!
>
>>> except this one
>>> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m3/ws/ma
>>> ven-compiler-plugin/target/it/includes-excludes/build.log
>> this one seems to be a consequence of Mark's work on incremental build:
>> excludes seem to be ignored
>
> I had a look at the IT, and found out that it was failing for the wrong
> reason, due to a faulty package name. I made a change in
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1382422
> that fixes this. The IT will probably still fail, but for the right reason.
>
> Note that I cannot reproduce this locally with Java 5 on Windows 7.

Sorry, I just realized I was running the ITs with Maven 2. The
includes-excludes IT now fails for me locally with Maven 3, but for the
right reason - not due to a compilation failure.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: Getting the maven-plugins-ITs-m* jobs back on track again...

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
it still doesn't work

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Le mardi 4 septembre 2012 21:59:28 Dennis Lundberg a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> I'd like to try to get the Jenkins jobs maven-plugins-ITs-m2 and
> maven-plugins-ITs-m3 back on track a gain, but I'm not sure how to.
> Perhaps we can crack it together. Here's a summary of the current problems:
+1000 I'm trying to do that for a long time now with partial success

> maven-plugins-ITs-m2
>
> We only have one plugin failing here, Maven Repository Plugin. There are
> 2 ITs that fail:
> - BundleCreateIT
> - BundlePackIT
>
> Both of the claim [1] [2] that the currently building version of the
> plugin itself (maven-repository-plugin) is not available in any repository.
>
> I cannot reproduce this locally on either Widows 7 or Ubuntu. Also I
> cannot reproduce it in a local Jenkins instance running on Windows 7. Is
> there some weird setup in the ASF Jenkins instance that is causing these
> errors?
I cannot reproduce locally either
I just tried something in r1381024, choosing a plugin version that seems to be