Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/11/29 09:16:46 UTC

Re: [general] Added new reports to Melody

If it helps I've created:

  melody.harmonytest.net as an A record for 67.86.14.213

and:

  www.harmonytest.net as a CNAME for www.harmonytest.org

Sadly the latter doesn't work since www.harmonytest.org is a named
virtual host.  If people think using this domain would be okay, then
I can set up a HTTP redirect instead. In fact, this might also be a
better way to do melody.harmonytest.net since it would then be possible
to redirect from the standard HTTP port 80 to the non-standard port on
67.86.14.213.

Comments?

Regards,
-Mark.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
On 29 November 2006 at 8:16, Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> If it helps I've created:
>
>   melody.harmonytest.net as an A record for 67.86.14.213
>
> and:
>
>   www.harmonytest.net as a CNAME for www.harmonytest.org
>
> Sadly the latter doesn't work since www.harmonytest.org is a named
> virtual host.  If people think using this domain would be okay, then
> I can set up a HTTP redirect instead. In fact, this might also be a
> better way to do melody.harmonytest.net since it would then be possible
> to redirect from the standard HTTP port 80 to the non-standard port on
> 67.86.14.213.

I've now changed these to be HTTP redirects so:

  http://www.harmonytest.net/
  http://melody.harmonytest.net/

should both work.

-Mark.